If you are conscientious Senior Process Engineer with exceptional interpersonal skills, thrive on leading working on exciting projects, and have interest in the Nuclear sector, then this could be the role for you.
Working within our Systems & Environmental team in Bristol, you will be an integral part of the delivery of engineering solutions in the Nuclear Energy Sector. You’ll be working closely with our clients, completing site and client office visits, plant walkdowns, project delivery and fixed term secondments. By joining the vibrant Energy Business, you will have the opportunity to work across the whole nuclear market from Nuclear New Build to Decommissioning.
You’ll be responsible for the analysis, assessment, optioneering and design of process systems, which can be stand-alone technical tasks or part of large multi-year consultancy support contracts. Working closely with our clients, you’ll be consulting with them to develop a full understanding of their project requirements, delivering cost effective and innovative solutions. You’ll also take the lead on some projects – co-ordinating the team and mentoring others.
Building strong and trusted relationships is a key part of this role. You’ll enjoy working with others, sometimes directly at client sites, sometimes from our offices. You’ll be client focused – being able interface with clients, understand their needs and convert opportunities into successful workstreams.
In addition to building excellent relationships with our clients, you’ll also be able to build excellent relationships within the team, being able to lead a team within a project, be a line manager, and mentor others. You’ll also have the ability to work individually or in multi-disciplinary teams.
You will enjoy approaching things in different ways to find the best possible fit – you like making improvements and consider different approaches, trying to find the best approach to fit whatever is the current context.
In addition to having strong analytical and numeracy skills, other key requirements include:
• Degree in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
• Chartered Member of the IChemE or IMechE.
• An appropriate level of relevant industrial experience- in the absence of power or nuclear industry specific experience, we would require experience of work associated with a highly regulated industry (e.g. Oil and Gas, Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals, Water).
• Demonstrable ability to be able to communicate well, especially with the written form.
You may also demonstrate the below desirable requirements:
• Direct, relevant Nuclear Sector experience.
• Experience of owning and delivering engineering projects individually or within teams of professional staff.
• Experience of site-based plant c or plant operations.
• Experience in mentoring junior process engineers in task delivery.
Additional Information and Benefits
• Travel to other company sites may be necessary.
• Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted.
• Flexible working options may be considered for this vacancy.
• Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days’ additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave.
• Atkins develops our employees through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have a programme of in-house and well as external training for all our engineers.
Atkins is ranked as one of ‘The Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For’ and as one of the ‘The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2015’. We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations. Our commitment to staff development is underpinned by numerous stable and long-term framework agreements with key clients.
We are one of the world’s foremost engineering and design consultancies, operating in most regions of the world, and in virtually every market. Choosing to work for Atkins will provide you with the opportunity to engage on some of the most exciting engineering challenges of our time. Together with our rewarding and flexible packages, you’ll have the perfect balance to bring your personal and career goals to fruition.