If you are a pro-active Senior Civil and/or Structural Engineer with exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills, and thrive in dynamic environments, then this could be the ideal opportunity for you.
Working within our Energy business in Bristol, you will be working on a range of varied projects and you will cultivate strong working relationships with our clients, develop a comprehensive understanding of their needs, and thereby enable work to progress with confidence and professionalism. You’ll take the lead delivering and carrying out technical work to time, cost and quality.
A questioning mind and an ability to challenge and interrogate in different situations is a key part of this role along with a gift for lateral thinking. You’ll have an agile mind with an ability to adapt to different working scenarios and will be used to working in a strong health & safety culture.
Building strong and trusted relationships is an important aspect of this role. You’ll enjoy working with others, sometimes directly at client sites, sometimes from our offices. You’ll be client focussed – being able interface with clients, understand their needs and convert opportunities into successful workstreams.
Specific requirements include:
• Accredited degree
• Chartered Engineer with full membership of The Institution of Civil Engineers and / or The Institution of Structural Engineers,
• A strong technical background, including first principles analysis and knowledge and use of relevant UK and international codes and standards.
Experience of one, or more, of the following aspects is desirable:
• Design of concrete, steel and masonry structures using recognised codes and standards.
• Recognised training or considerable experience with engineering software packages, preferably including FE analysis.
• Inspection or appraisal of existing concrete, steel and masonry structures.
• Design and validation of structural modifications.
• Design and analysis of structures under dynamic loading such as seismic, impact is beneficial.
• Design and or analysis of heavy civil structures.
• Design and or analysis of offshore structures.
• Experience of working as part of, or leading, multidisciplinary design team.
• Experience of managing project budgets.
• Working with contractors on site to deliver the implementation of engineering solutions.
• Pastoral Care and Line Management of other engineers.
• Proven ability in producing readable high quality reports.
• Previous experience of the Energy sector or other highly regulated sectors.
Additional Information and Benefits
Travel to other Atkins premises and client sites will be necessary. You should be willing to work flexibly and outside of normal working hours to satisfy the requirements of the role.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted.
Please refer to the Atkins website for details of our benefits package which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave.
Flexible working options may be considered.
There may be opportunities for international travel.
Atkins is ranked as one of ‘The Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For’ and as one of the ‘The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2015’. We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations. Our commitment to staff development is underpinned by numerous stable and long-term framework agreements with key clients.
We are one of the world’s foremost engineering and design consultancies, operating in most regions of the world, and in virtually every market. Choosing to work for Atkins will provide you with the opportunity to engage on some of the most exciting engineering challenges of our time. Together with our rewarding and flexible packages, you’ll have the perfect balance to bring your personal and career goals to fruition.
Our passion for excellence in civil and structural engineering has earnt an exceptional reputation for delivering specialist, innovative and cost efficient solutions to some of the world’s most technically challenging problems.
Atkins develops individuals through a tailored portfolio of training and development courses designed to help successful candidates make the best of their abilities and talents.