A motivated Materials Controller / Inventory Controller / Stock controller / Stores supply chain professional is required for our production plant engineering client based in Basingstoke to set up and and manage the engineering plant stores, maintain stock control and manage the materials control system ensuring there is sufficient stock for the process plant. This exciting new materials inventory controller position would suit an experienced supply chain inventory professional with good experience of inventory, stock controller materials control within the industrial production plant, engineering, manufacturing or similar high risk industries, COMAH industries eg chemical, petrochemical, oil and gas, hazardous process plants.In return there is an excellent salary package circa £27k-£30k+ with benefits and a great career opportunity for a stock controller professional to further progress their career. Apply now!
Reporting into the Engineering Procurement Manager, this materials position would suit a passionate inventory controller professional who has some good experience of setting up, implementing and managing / running materials control systems within a high risk process plant industry that deals with COMAH regulations or similar. Candidates with inventory control, materials controller, stock control, stores, expediting, purchasing, procurement, supply chain experience and skills within the chemical, petrochemical, oil and gas, hazardous process plants industries would be of interest.
The ideal stores controller candidate will have the following keys skills and experiences:
- Previous experience and / or knowledge of inventory management systems, stock control systems (ideally setting up of stock control systems, implementation, maintenance of materials control systems)
- Experience of being an inventory controller, material controller or stock controller in a manufacturing, engineering, large production plant , industrial process plant or high risk environment (eg chemical, petrochemical, COMAH, oil & gas, nuclear, medical devices, radiation, waste management or similar hazardous sites )
- Excellent organisation and time management skills as well as IT as you will be responsible for vendor supplier documentation and order documentation
- Good experience of SAP, MRP, ERP systems or similar stock or materials control software systems
- Full clean driving licence to client’s remote site location
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, good numeracy, literacy and IT skills (stock control / material control systems)
Key responsibilities of this engineering stores role include;
- Controlling the chemical inventory
- Ensuring COMAH regulations compliance for storage of chemicals and inventories
- Setting up and maintenance of the engineering process plant stores
- Setting up, controlling and managing the materials control system and stock control system
- Accepting goods inwards to Stores
- Expediting Orders
- Raising purchase orders
- setting up of stock levels
- transferring of stock between sites
- reporting of inventory costs
- stock reconciliation
- chemical inventory control and documentation, collating and filing docs for delivery of goods
A full job description will be discussed and submitted to suitable materials control / stock controller candidates upon application.
To apply please email your CV with your salary expectations and availability and details of how you meet my clients inventory controller criteria.
Inventory control, materials controller, materials control, stock control, stores, COMAH, chemical inventory, expediting, purchasing, procurement, supply chain , purchasing, procurement, buyer, buying, supplychain, logistics, materials, MRP, ERP, SAP, CIPS, MCIPS