To undertake mechanical design and plant engineering work in support of the LLWR engineering team. To assist the Mechanical Responsible Engineer in managing all aspects of mechanical engineering at LLWR.
- Carry out routine plant walk downs and surveys on mechanical systems and waste containers.
- Support System Engineers in amending and reviewing drawings.
- Update drawings and liaise with the LLWR Drawing Registry team and supply chain drawing office.
- Support 3D model production and data analysis for mechanical systems.
- Produce internal (low complexity) designs for plant operations support, infrastructure renewals, plant modifications or for configuration management purposes.
- Review Plant Modification Proposals (PMPs) to understand any impacts from the change/modification on the design intent, design basis and configuration baseline of the facility, asset or system (including impact on drawings and design basis documentation).
- Attend Nuclear Safety Case Review meetings, e.g. HAZOP, fault identification meetings, and provide follow up information as necessary.
- Support short- and long-term periodic review meetings and requests for information.
- Carry out engineering substantiation in line with the relevant engineering and safety case processes to confirm the equipment, structures, systems and components deliver the function claimed.
- Produce Engineering Schedules in association with Nuclear Safety Case Managers.
- Attend shortfall meetings (identified during safety case and engineering substantiation process) and provide follow up information as necessary.
- HNC or equivalent appropriate professional qualification.
- Relevant experience.
- Knowledge of drafting standards, processes, procedures and methods with full understanding of underlying principles.
- Proficiency in use of AutoCAD design software.
- Self-motivated with proven ability to manage and prioritise own workload against multiple stakeholders and competing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.