|Salary:||£35,000 - £65,000 Annual|
Capgemini Engineering is looking for Systems Engineers and Consultants to join our rapidly growing team to support our clients in the UK civil nuclear industry.
Our portfolio of projects includes work at all stages of the system lifecycle, from concept definition to in-service support. As well as directly supporting Systems Engineering tasks for our clients, we also offer consultancy services to improve organisation's Systems Engineering capabilities and enable digital transformation.
We ensure that we are offering good practice, taking into account both established and emerging technologies and techniques, such as Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), mathematical simulation, digital visualisation and our own REVEAL® Requirements Engineering Framework.
Due to the nature of the work, this role will require regular working from our client's site in Derby.
You may be involved in the following:
* Communicating the underlying principles of systems thinking and engineering.
* Developing strategies and plans for managing complex systems programmes and projects.
* Consulting with stakeholders to elicit and manage their needs and define requirements.
* Creating concepts and making decisions on optimum system design solutions.
* Creating and delivering verification and validation plans and strategies.
* Assuring the compliance of systems with requirements, regulations and legislation.
* Developing improvement initiatives involving new structures, processes and training.
Our consultants work within Capgemini teams, and as their expertise grows, with an increasing degree of autonomy to directly support our clients.
Our more senior consultants are expected to contribute significantly to sales support, the improvement of Capgemini Engineering's systems engineering capability, and to networking across the systems engineering community to develop their reputation as experts in the field of systems engineering.
* Experience with industry-standard systems engineering processes, tools and techniques
* Proven technical knowledge of the systems engineering lifecycle, including requirements management and system design process (including system and sub-system specification) and product validation and verification.
* Experience of working in an engineering context (mechanical, electrical, software, systems)
* Ability to work in a collaborative, multi-discipline environment to support client needs
* Effective oral and written communication as well as influencing and stakeholder management skills
* Experience of working in the civil or defence nuclear industries
* Experience of planning and implementation of verification programmes for complex, safety critical systems
* Professional SE certification from an organisation such as INCOSE, or the desire to work towards it
* Chartered Engineer status, or the desire to work towards it
Diversity & Inclusion
Capgemini Engineering recognises the benefit that having a diverse workforce brings to our projects. We value applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. In order to support diversity in our hiring process, your application will be anonymised when shared with hiring managers to be reviewed against the position