|Description:||Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer (electrical maintenance engineering bias)|
Join our manufacturing site located on the outskirts of Chester City Centre (relocation package considered for those looking to move to the area), where you'll benefit from the option to work either days, or rotational day / night shifts with a generous shift rota to maximise the time you have off consecutively.
The Role - Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer (electrical maintenance engineering bias)
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, as a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer with an electrical engineering bias, your duties will include, although not be limited to:
* Maintaining electrical and mechanical equipment and associated plant to a high standard
* Fault finding, responding to breakdowns and efficiently rectifying electrical and mechanical systems involving PLC control
* Working on planned preventative maintenance and improvements to plant and equipment and new projects
* Completing and controlling all necessary documentation around engineering activities
* Assisting with driving continuous improvement and lean activities
As a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer you'll benefit from:
* Permanent contract
* 4 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
* Contributory pension scheme (following successful probation period)
* Cycle to work scheme
* Healthcare cash plan
* Free car parking onsite
We have a generous shift rota to maximise the time you have off, and you will have the option to work either:
* Rotational Day / Night Shifts (Salary of £45,000) - averaging 40 hours per week working 12-hour rotational shifts within Mon to Fri, 6am to 6pm or 6pm to 6am, working 1 in 3 Saturdays.
* Daytime work (Salary of £36,000) - working 7am to 4:30pm Monday to Thursday, and 7am to 11am on Fridays
Our Requirements - Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer (electrical maintenance engineering bias)
* Be a time served engineer with a City & Guilds / ONC in Electrical Engineering
* Excellent fault-finding skills for electrical / mechanical drive systems, pneumatic and hydraulic control systems
* Working knowledge of modern AC & DC drive systems through to standard large motor starting systems
* Good working knowledge of PLCs, relay logic and hard-wired systems, HMI bus systems, pneumatics, hydraulics, and variable speed drives (AC/DC)
* Positive and proactive attitude with the ability to multi-task and assume responsibility
* Ability to undertake medium to heavy mechanical fitting work as and when required
Calder Industrial Materials is a highly reputable manufacturing company with significant experience delivering high quality, tailored solutions for a wide range of customers worldwide. We are one of the UK's leading building materials suppliers, delivering lead sheet and a wide range of ancillary products to builders' merchants nationwide.
In addition, we are also the UK's leading specialist in lead engineering, designing, manufacturing, and installing radiation shielding and other products in the nuclear, medical, and other markets.
All applications for this Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer (electrical maintenance engineering bias) vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions