Who are LRQA?
LRQA stands for dedication to clients, market firsts, and deep expertise in risk management. We’ve grown to become a leading global assurance provider, bringing together outstanding expertise in certification, customised assurance, cybersecurity, inspection and training.
While we’re proud of our heritage, it’s who we are today that really matters, because that’s what shapes who we and our clients can become tomorrow. By staying true to our shared values and combining decades of collective experience, we support our clients in building a safer and more sustainable future.
LRQA currently operates across 50 countries, has more than 2,500 colleagues, generates £315m in revenue, and supports more than 60,000 clients across a diverse range of sectors and markets.
The successful candidate will work with the Technical Manager, Site Inspectors, Surveyors and various coordination stakeholders across the Joint Venture to provide technical confidence and competency to achieve quality & growth targets.
Manages an average complexity project or a work package of a more complex project.
Acts as single point of contact for clients to effectively manage client and LRQA relationship.
Supports the management of a high complexity project.
May be involved in single projects or a portfolio of projects for one or more client contracts.
- Responsible for the safe and effective delivery services to the agreed scope and specification, time scale and costs.
- Responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of a project in line with the commercial, contractual and financial requirements of the contract.
- Managing client expectations and maintaining relationships.
- To provide project management leadership through the use of applicable and relevant procedures.
- Manage the creation and monitoring of project schedules, financial tracking, risks and issues plus associated project documentation and support compliance with all legal, statutory and regulatory requirements.
- May assist in the development of reference and resource materials for project management.
- Supports other Project Managers on all aspects of the bid and tender development process.
- Liaise with other lead specialists where support requirements are needed
- Input to Project Management reporting (PCB’s, Ops meeting, risks etc)
- Maintain area of concerns / actions register, review & agree corrective actions in timely manner
- Input into hours build up for future scopes of work
- Manufacturing & site schedule review and cascading information
- Ex-works schedule updates and communications to wider stakeholders
- Maintain a world class safety culture take responsibility for their own safety and keep those around them safe.
- Site engagement meetings
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- A minimum level of education equivalent to HND. Degree or equivalent level preferred.
- Has a good, broad [Project Area/Sector/Subject] knowledge (through qualification or experience) [eg Engineering, Science, IT & Technology] and able to apply it across a broad range of existing (and potentially emerging) aspects.
- At least three years of project management or programme experience
- Has been responsible for project leadership functions of projects with average complexity.
- Entry level, externally recognised certificate in project management (eg APM - PMQ, PMI – CAPM, IPMA level D)
- Is able to successfully complete complex tasks as requested.
- Can perform the actions associated with the role without assistance but help from an expert may be required from time to time.
- Applies common project management processes, methods, techniques and tools whilst adhering to legal and commercial requirements.
- Understands and can discuss the application and implications of changes to processes, policies, and procedures in project management.
- Has continued to develop professional knowledge and practical experience
- Can discuss and challenge terminology, concepts, principles, and issues related to project management.
- Has applied most project management competences to situations while needing limited guidance to perform successfully.