Are you an experienced EC&I Engineer with a flair for solving complex problems from first principles? Have you the ability to lead and deliver multiple projects simultaneously to high standards?
We need a personable engineer who wants to solve and deliver electrical, control and instrumentation engineering solutions to customers. You’ll enjoy working with others, sometimes directly at client sites, sometimes from our offices, and always seeking to be forward thinking and going the extra mile to help us maintain our excellent performance.
Does this sound like you? In which case, we’d love you to apply for this role.
Working within our Energy business in Whitehaven, you will be in a unique position of being able to offer full lifecycle engineering solutions across some fantastic, inspirational projects, from concept to detail design and site support. From our office, we are involved in developing innovative, practical solutions for our clients across the UK and further afield.
Within this role, you’ll be responsible for EC&I equipment specification, assessment and justification, including development of required drawings, calculations and reports. You will also lead EC&I teams and liaise with clients, suppliers and contractors.
Building and developing relationships is a key part of this role. You will be client focused, and have excellent communication, mentoring and stakeholder management skills.
You will be chartered or on your way to be, have a relevant engineering degree or extensive relevant experience, and be able to demonstrate sound technical EC&I knowledge and leadership experience. In addition to having previously managed staff and projects, you will also be able to demonstrate experience in a number of the following areas:
- Low Voltage Electrical Distribution Design with a working knowledge of BS7671
- Safety substantiation
- Safety Instrumented Systems, including substantiation and working to Safety standards (IEC 61508, 61511, 61513)
- Programmable Logic Controllers design and specification, including knowledge of software design lifecycles
- Process Instrumentation specification
- Earthing and Lightning protection
- Medium/High Voltage Electrical Distribution Design
- Design for explosive atmospheres / ATEX
- Security systems equipment
- Communications systems design (Ethernet and field bus communications)
Nuclear industry experience is an advantage however, we are principally looking for first class EC&I Engineers who have the capacity to learn and develop their skills for the nuclear industry.
- Travel to other company sites may be necessary. You should be willing to work flexibly and occasionally out of hours to accommodate project & client requirements.
- This is an exciting time for Atkins, we are diversifying our portfolio to become a more global organisation, while also continuing to grow our Energy sector in the UK. There will be opportunities for international travel and applicants with a desire for non-UK based assignments will be welcomed.
- Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted.
- Flexible working options will be considered for this vacancy
Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave.
Atkins develops individuals through a tailored portfolio of training and development courses designed to help successful candidates make the best of their abilities and talents.
Atkins is ranked as one of ‘The Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For’ and as one of the ‘The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2015’. We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations
We are one of the world’s foremost engineering and design consultancies, operating in virtually every region of the world, in virtually every market. Choosing to work for Atkins will provide you with the opportunity to engage on some of the most exciting engineering projects of our time. Together with our rewarding and flexible packages, you’ll have the perfect balance to bring your personal and career goals to fruition.