Would you be interested in joining our growing HVAC team in Atkins’ Bristol office, where we are working to improve lives through safer, cleaner, smarter energy? Then this could be the role for you.
Working within our Systems & Environmental group in Bristol, you will be an integral part of the delivery of engineering solutions in the Nuclear Energy Sector. You’ll be working closely with our clients, completing site and client office visits, plant walkdowns and project delivery with the opportunity for fixed term secondments. By joining the vibrant Energy Business, you can expect to work across the whole nuclear market from Nuclear New Build to Decommissioning along with the wider energy market.
You’ll be responsible for the analysis, assessment, optioneering and design of HVAC systems and mechanical process plant, which can be stand-alone technical tasks or part of large multi-disciplinary projects. Working closely with like-minded engineers and our clients, you’ll work with them to deliver cost effective and innovative solutions.
A curious engineer who wants to make a difference, you’ll enjoy working with others, sometimes from our offices, sometimes directly at client sites.
You will enjoy approaching things in different ways to find the best possible fit – you like making improvements and consider different approaches, trying to find the best approach to fit whatever is the current context.
You’ll be a team-player – you enjoy working in a collaborative working environment where shared knowledge and skills ensure that you play your part in delivering successful projects to satisfied clients.
In addition to having strong analytical and numeracy skills, other key requirements include:
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Engineering;
• Knowledge of thermofluids and thermodynamics
• Working towards Chartership of the IMechE or CIBSE;
• Demonstrable ability to be able to communicate well, especially with the written form;
• An appropriate level of relevant industrial experience.
You may also demonstrate the below desirable requirements:
• Experience of delivering engineering projects within teams of professional staff.
• Nuclear Sector experience
• In the absence of power or nuclear industry specific experience, desirable experience includes work associated with a highly regulated industry (e.g. Oil and Gas, Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals, Water);
• Experience in mechanical process design;
• Experience of using IES/Hevacomp calculation packages;
• Experience of BIM, i.e. Revit MEP/PDMS;
• Travel to other company sites may be necessary
• You will have the opportunity to work across the whole energy market, including Renewables and Oil & Gas, as well as associated sectors (e.g. Defence)
• Successful candidate will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted
• Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career in engineering, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.
Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days’ additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave.
Atkins develops individuals through a tailored portfolio of training and development courses designed to help successful candidates make the best of their abilities and talents.