If you are an up and coming and driven Project Manager with proven leadership abilities we are waiting for you to join our team. You’ll have exceptional stakeholder communication and people management skills, and thrive on working within a dynamic and diverse project delivery environment.
If this sounds like you, and you’re interested in delivering commercially and technically complex projects and programmes as part of an outward looking service based consultancy business, then we’d love you to apply for this role.
Working within our Energy business in Bristol you will lead the delivery of Atkins technical projects and programmes or work directly for our clients embedded into their major programmes.
You must be able to appreciate complex practical, technical and commercial issues and to work constructively with a broad range of stakeholders; leading project teams that are either local to you, or distributed across multiple sites.
The opportunities we have are varied in size and nature, and suit a range of project management styles, backgrounds and experience levels. We are particularly keen to speak to new PM’s who are looking to build a career as a professional project manager and to help us shape the future of our business.
Other aspects of the role will include supporting the growth of our capabilities in Energy through building a reputation for excellence and supporting business development and bidding activities.
You’ll have excellent communication, listening, stakeholder management and influencing skills. You’ll be able to manage client relationships, engage constructively with multiple stakeholders and lead delivery teams. Through your work you will also help support and shape the development of future business.
You’ll enjoy turning your hand to new challenges and will be keen to learn, whilst also wanting to support others within our diverse multi-disciplinary teams. You must also be able to successfully manage the commercial and quality performance of projects and proactively deploy a range of techniques to control delivery, cost, manage risk and change.
In addition to having excellent people and problem solving skills, you’ll also be able to demonstrate the following:
• Degree qualified in a related Engineering or Science based discipline, and/or hold a professional Project or Programme Management related qualification.
• Direct experience of taking responsibility for project as a manager, demonstrating accountability for quality, time, cost and technical performance parameters agreed with client.
• Experience of leading and directing local and geographically disparate teams and resources. Able to motivate self and teams, deal with conflict and create a strong delivery culture.
• Direct and demonstrable experience of applying a range of project management principles and skills to deliver successful project outcomes on a range of engineering / technical projects.
• Demonstrate a responsible attitude towards safety and security.
Experience in the following areas would be of particular interest:
• Nuclear or Energy sector experience including design, construction and decommissioning (including CDM, IOSH supplier and contractor management).
• Ideally, we are looking for candidates with Nuclear sector experience, particularly those with mechanical / civil / process / EC&I, plant or safety case nuclear experience.
• Delivery of complex technical consultancy projects and services.
Atkins is ranked as one of ‘The Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For’ and as one of the ‘The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2015’. We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations
We are one of the world’s foremost engineering and design consultancies, operating in virtually every region of the world, in virtually every market. Choosing to work for Atkins will provide you with the opportunity to engage on some of the most exciting engineering challenges of our time. Together with our rewarding and flexible packages, you’ll have the perfect balance to bring your personal and career goals to fruition.
• This is an exciting time for Atkins, we are diversifying our portfolio to become a more global organisation, while also continuing to grow our services in the Energy sector in the UK. As part of a single Energy business, there will be opportunities to develop your skills and experience in the UK working across all our Energy clients and also for international travel as part of the global Energy business.
• Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted.
• Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house and well as external training for all our staff.
Reward & Benefits
Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave. Flexible working options will be considered for this vacancy.