In our Warrington office, we’re in a unique position of being able to offer full concept through to detail design capability across some fantastic, inspirational projects. From our office we are involved in developing innovative, practical solutions for our clients across the UK and further afield.
Working in this environment will bring out the best of your capabilities. Bringing additional delivery focus to the team, you’ll be managing projects for the UK nuclear power industry from new build to decommissioning and fuel manufacturing
The role will be both client and Atkins’ business focused. Through project management and delivery of work packages you will have the opportunity to participate in multidisciplinary technical studies and other general consulting activities.
• Direct and demonstrable experience of managing engineering projects to time, cost and quality, particularly in front end design
• Degree qualified in a related Engineering or Science based discipline,Able to demonstrate application of the project management skills set across projects with various technical challenges.
• Strong project management experience, delivering different forms of contract, (including e.g. fixed price, time & materials)
• A background gained in a technical environment working for clients from across industry
• A strong element of client contact
• Willingness to travel within the UK and abroad occasionally, as necessary
• Willing to work flexibly and occasionally out of hours to accommodate project & client requirements.
• Excellent communication skills via all appropriate media Desirable
• Nuclear Industry experience
• Experience of working within a consultancy (including bid writing experience)
Construction implementation experience
• In the absence of an Engineering Degree a Project Management Degree will be considered
• Familiarity with NEC3 contracts
• Consulting with the client to develop a full understanding of their project requirements
• Capturing client requirements and working with Atkins teams to develop plans, bids and solutions to meet client requirements
• Establishing jobs in line with Atkins internal BMS processes
• Working with line managers to secure & develop resources required to deliver tasks
• Proactively managing all aspects of projects. Instilling client confidence through professionalism and care & making full use of appropriate tools to forecast, control and report on project progress
• Assist in developing best practice for project management and sharing knowledge with staff to improve our project management capability generally
• Supporting our operational management through project financial planning & reporting, resourcing and attention to cash flow.
• You should expect to deliver the majority of your work as part of the team based in Warrington. However, we will expect you to visit clients as required with the potential for secondments to client sites.
Travel to other company sites may be necessary.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted.
This is an exciting time for Atkins, we are diversifying our portfolio to become a more global organisation, while also continuing to grow our Energy sector in the UK. There will be opportunities for international travel and applicants with a desire for non-UK based assignments will be welcomed.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career in engineering, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.