Are you an experienced EC&I Engineer with a flair for solving complex problems from first principles? Have you the ability to lead and deliver multiple projects simultaneously to high standards?
We need a personable engineer who wants to solve and deliver electrical, control and instrumentation engineering solutions to our customers. You’ll enjoy working with others, sometimes directly at client sites, sometimes from our offices, and always seeking to be forward thinking and going the extra mile to help us maintain our excellent performance.
Does this sound like you? In which case, we’d love you to apply for this role.
Working within our Energy business in Warrington, you will be in a unique position of being able to offer full concept through to detail design capability across some fantastic, inspirational projects. From our office we are involved in developing innovative, practical solutions for our clients across the UK and further afield.
Within this role, you’ll be responsible for EC&I equipment specification, assessment and justification, and Front End Engineering Design package generation. You will be part of an EC&I project design team(s), multidisciplinary bid teams, and liaise with clients, suppliers and contractors. Supporting the development of EC&I capability, growing the business and being responsible for project cost, time control and reporting are also key elements of this role.
In addition to conducting a technical role, you will be assisting the EC&I lead to manage the department’s staff and mentor and train colleagues to meet the high standards we expect. You will also have responsibility for running ongoing project and future bid work.
Building and developing relationships is a key part of this role. You will be client focused, and have excellent communication, mentoring and stakeholder management skills.
You will be chartered or working towards, have a relevant engineering degree or extensive relevant experience, and be able to demonstrate sound technical EC&I knowledge. In addition to having previously managed staff and projects, you will also be able to demonstrate experience in a number of the following areas:
• Lead / Assist in the production of Bid / Estimates
• Low Voltage Electrical Distribution Design
• Medium/High Voltage Electrical Distribution Design.
• Emergency lighting systems
• Functional Safety IEC 61508/61511/61513
• Safety Instrumented Systems
• Programmable Logic Controllers
• Lightning protection
• Availability, Reliability and Maintainability
• Fault trees, FMEA, HAZOP knowledge
• Experience of managing teams at project level
• Project management skills
• Risk and quality management
You may also be able to demonstrate the following desirable requirements:
• A working knowledge of BS7671
• ATEX, DSEAR and COMAH
• Experience of commissioning electrical and control systems
• Experience of maintaining electrical and control systems
• Security systems equipment
• Control/safety system cyber security
• Communications systems design (Ethernet and field bus communications)
• Knowledge of Software development for process control
• Nuclear industry experience is an advantage however, we are principally looking for first class EC&I Engineers who have the capacity to learn and develop their skills for the nuclear industry
Additional Information and Benefits
• Travel to other company sites may be necessary. You should be willing to work flexibly and occasionally out of hours to accommodate project & client requirements.
• This is an exciting time for Atkins, we are diversifying our portfolio to become a more global organisation, while also continuing to grow our Energy sector in the UK. There will be opportunities for international travel and applicants with a desire for non-UK based assignments will be welcomed.
• Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted.
• Flexible working options may be considered for this vacancy
• Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave.
Atkins is ranked as one of ‘The Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For’ and as one of the ‘The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2015’. We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations
We are one of the world’s foremost engineering and design consultancies, operating in virtually every region of the world, in virtually every market. Choosing to work for Atkins will provide you with the opportunity to engage on some of the most exciting engineering projects of our time. Together with our rewarding and flexible packages, you’ll have the perfect balance to bring your personal and career goals to fruition.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.